Like most of the nation I became obsessed with the Great British Bake off. So, finally, months after it has finished, I decided to get baking. Over the christmas period I made clementine, cranberry and white chocolate muffins and they were delicious…not to big myself up or anything…
I got the idea from a recipe I saw on This Morning, although I didn’t follow it completely.
So here is what you will need:
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 clementine
- 200g white chocolate buttons
- 175g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 170C/Gas 3
- Beat together the eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and clementine zest. Be careful when ‘zesting.’ This was the part I found most tricky.
- Cream the flour mixture with the butter. (Note make sure the butter has warmed up)
- Now pour the egg mixture in with the flour mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into muffin cases.
- Bake for 30 mins.
The lovely thing about these muffins is that the whole cranberries burst in your mouth. I think they are best served warm because then you get the most out of the melted chocolate and gooey cranberries. Voila!